~Sleep is the Best Cure~ A Diary of a Med Student

Friday, September 21, 2007

Fire Alarm

So around 3:40AM, I was just about to fall asleep after sorting everything out, checking e-mail, tidying the desk, doing the dishes, e.t.c. I was fatigued and exhausted, my body felt like a sponge. As soon as I dozed off...

came the high-pitched siren.

My first thought was, "IS THIS A DREAM?" It was a fire alarm, but it's rather a precipitous start to the schoolyear if my dorm catched on fire before I even went to my first class. Anyway, I thought it was a real fire, so wearing naught but my Fenwick gym t-shirt light yellow checkered shorts, I ran down the stairs and outside. It was freezing.

It wasn't a fire drill. Three firetrucks came, and we had to stay outside for thirty minutes while the lazy firemen looked around - leisurely - for fires. Then we went back inside.

And by then I was so wide awake that I couldn't go back to sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home