~Sleep is the Best Cure~ A Diary of a Med Student

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Croak it

My results came in (well, not really). I passed, and as all med students know, it's pass baby, it's all about the pass. Hence I was able to sleep, and I slept for about 15 hours (is that possible? Trust me, it is). Anyway, I'd like to shout...

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE SAYING THAT YOU DON'T NEED SEX BECAUSE YOUR MAJOR FUCKS YOU EVERYDAY...

well...

SHUT THE FUCK UP.

I'm not being elitist. Really, I'm not. But I nearly died last year, and the hardest year has yet to come. I think the worst was when I pulled 3 all-nighters consecutively, not because I had any deadlines coming up but because I was so behind in compiling notes. Med school sucks, and probably law school too, so just shut up and go back to solving Calculus.

And for those of you who are aspiring to go to med school and think House is close to reality, think again. It's not. It's one of those professions where your fingers have the honour and privilege to travel to the grossest places ever devised by God, and those include sick vaginal orifices and men's rectums. So unless you have a fetish of sticking your fingers up there (and in which case please desist from coming back here again), try a cleaner profession.

Seriously.

Here's the stuff I need to learn next year...

Pathology
Microbiology
Medical Ethics (WHAT?!)
Biostats
Physio and Anatomy
Pharmacology
Psychology (again, WHAT?)
Immunology
Histology

so if you don't hear from me again, that means I died.

Ciao.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home